Renovating is a sure fire way to add value to your home.
Investing even relatively small amounts of finance into renovations can result in a huge financial gain in the long run, particularly if you are looking to sell your property at some point down the track.
If you’re looking to add value to your property through renovation, we recommend being smart about what you prioritise.
Smart Renovation Tips
Before you get started, research what buyers are looking for and use your budget to target those areas of the property that will achieve the biggest bang for your buck.
A key factor to remember is that your home just needs to be presented as better value for money than comparative properties.
Common ways to maximise the value of your property include:
- Adding a room or creating space by removing walls
- Updating the kitchen and/or bathroom
- Adding a second toilet or bathroom
- Improving lighting and ventilation
- Adding storage areas, such as wardrobes
- Adding secure car parking
- Introducing an al fresco entertaining or dining area
A professional builder will be able to give you expert advice on the best renovations for your home – whether you want the renovations to reflect your own style and tastes, or to improve your home’s value for re-selling.